If you are a disabled parent, you can file a claim for your children simultaneously when filing a claim to receive disability benefits for yourself. To file on behalf of your children, you will need to have a few items to start the application process. For your convenience, we have generated a list to ensure you do not forget anything.

Social Security Numbers- You will need both the child’s and disabled parent’s social security numbers.

Birth Certificate- Do not forget to bring your child’s birth certificate. If you have more than one child, you should bring all of their birth certificates with you.

Banking Information- You will also need to bring your banking information, so it can be deposited into your account directly. This information will include the bank’s routing number and your account number.

For Survivor’s Benefits- This only applies if the disabled parent has passed away. You will need to supply proof of the parent’s death.

If you are filing a claim on behalf of a child with disabled parents and need assistance, you can turn to Richard Sly, Attorney at Law. You can schedule a consultation with Portland disability lawyers by calling our firm at (503) 676-6162 right now.