Crohn’s disease is an inflammatory bowel disease that, depending on the severity of the condition, may cause a person to suffer from abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting and other debilitating symptoms. When a case of Crohn’s disease is severe enough to prevent a person from being able to work and/or hold down a job, that individual:
- Will likely be entitled to federal disability benefits
- Will have the best chances of obtaining the benefits he needs by working with an experienced attorney
- Should consult with the seasoned Portland Social Security Disability lawyer Richard A. Sly for the best chances of securing the maximum possible benefits in the most efficient manner possible.
Richard A. Sly has been championing the rights of his clients for more than three decades and is dedicated to working tirelessly to helping his clients achieve the best possible outcomes to their claims.
Qualifying for Benefits for Crohn’s Disease
The Social Security Administration (SSA) classifies Crohn’s disease as a digestive disorder (5.06). In order to qualify for federal disability benefits for Crohn’s disease, a person has to provide medically documented proof that his condition is severe enough to impair his ability to earn a living and that his condition has persisted for some period of time. Examples of medical documentation that the SSA deems acceptable include (but are not limited to) medical reports from:
- Licensed physicians who are treating the individual (or who have treated the individual in the past)
- Medical facilities, like hospitals or clinics, where treatment for the Crohn’s disease has occurred.
Additionally, documentation related to the applicant’s medical history and the nature of his symptoms may be necessary to obtaining disability benefits.
Working with Our Portland Social Security Disability and SSI Lawyer
If you are living with Crohn’s disease and, as a result, are no longer able to earn a living, don’t try to file your disability claim with the Social Security Administration on your own. This system is notoriously complicated and bureaucratic, and one wrong move could result in an outright denial of your legitimate claim. Instead, work with our Portland Social Security Disability lawyer Richard A. Sly, who can help guide you through the Social Security process to help you secure the federal disability benefits you need and deserve.
Experience You Can Trust
For more than 30 years, Richard A. Sly has been aggressively advocating his clients’ rights, helping them build the strongest possible claims and, ultimately, helping them obtain the maximum possible disability benefits. Although his goal is to help his clients obtain benefits the first time they present their case, he also has a proven track record of success when it comes to handling denials or appeals. Some of the specific ways that Richard Sly is able to do this time and again for his clients include by:
- Getting timely and accurate information from their doctors
- Working with the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Obtaining evidence from their friends, family members, neighbors and co-workers
- Working diligently to build each of his clients the strongest possible cases
- Flawlessly presenting their cases in any necessary setting (including before the Social Security Administration, their Office of Disability Adjudication and Review (ODAR), their Appeals Council and in the U.S. District and Circuit Courts).
To discuss your case for free and get your claim started at no cost, call us toll free at 503-224-0436 or email us using the form on the upper right side of this page. We offer free initial consultations, are conveniently located in downtown Portland near public transportation, and serve clients throughout the states of Washington and Oregon.